Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Gaza is Free!

Gaza is free! A few days ago Israeli troops pulled out of Gaza. Some people are calling this liberation of whom I believe to be the most oppressed people of our time, an act rewarding terrorism. It sickens me that people can just dismiss the Palestinians and ignore their rights. Liberating Gaza is not rewarding terrorism, its returning to these people what belongs to them, when Israel was formed it never included Gaza. But the Israeli's claimed it just as they did Sinai. It puzzles me why they stayed there, all it did was cause them trouble. With the troops gone Hamas and other terrorists have less of a motive to attack, and many Palestinians are happy. Infact since the pullout there has been minimal violence, the only major violence was commited by a Jewish man who fired a gun into a group of Palestinians killing three people. What's saddening is that the Israeli government is forcing Jewish settlers to leave their homes, just pack up and move. I don't think that a victory for Palestinians calls for a diaspora, and I don't think another diaspora will do any good. Although the tanks and troops are gone Israel still controls the Gaza airspace and part of their coast which I think is wrong.

Iam happy for the Palestinians, and hope this pullout brings the Israeli's and the Palestinians closer to peace. I remain a supporter of the Palestinians, and while Gaza's liberation is a victory for them, they are still far from freedom, but perhaps this pullout is precursor of further liberation.

4 Comments:

Blogger Siavash said...

heeyy wazzup,
thanx for the comments, oh and by the way I loved ur post on Che Guevara. I believe capitalization (wrong word, commercialization, if that's even a word heh ;) ) of Che Guevara can help his ideas expand. There are many people who do think and wear something. next time try asking them b4 judging them. How else do u think Chomsky is exapnding his ideas: simple Selling books ;)
Regarding ur view on Gaza trip, I do admire it, but I think ur visions need a more presuasive format. This way you can go beyond emotion to explain your feelings...check this page out for resources: http://www.zmag.org/weluser.htm

Very smart Blog
Keep it up.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Static Compost said...

Thanx for your compliment(s), I wasn't to happy with my post about Gaza, but I couldn't let the victory pass without a post. As for my Che post, I do judge people who I see wearing his shirts, I just think anyone that knows him and/or believes in what he believed wouldn't fall for that capitalist trap.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Siavash said...

trap...!? I wouldn't use.

6:04 PM  
Blogger vevck said...

Pulling out of Gaza is a small step in the process of attaining freedom. BTW SC, we should not forget that there are groups like Hamas who are still operating from Palestine, which could affect the peace process.

Hope they would create a conducive environment for peace in that region.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home