Saturday, January 01, 2005

News from te adware industry

As the holidays ticked by I had some other people using my computer. It appears they infected it with some adware, lord knows how it got there. Using Spybot S & D it gave me the name of its manufacturer, I simply googled the company. Then I came to learn that this company "DirectRevenue"(appropriatley named) is currently being sued. It seams the very adware my computer was infected with serves two purposes, one the purpose of every adware: serve as a backdoor, gather personal information, change settings, distribute pop-ups and crack banners. Two to delete any other adware applications the system has, no wonder their being sued!!! My computer is clean, but imagine if it wasn't. Or if I just didn't care about the software as long as I enjoyed a free service. I wonder what would be going on inside my computer if this program began declaring war on other programs? A system crash perhaps? I do not know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home