Saturday, December 25, 2004

Just a thought

I think about the human race and its purpose. Why are we here? what do we have for this planet? Potential definatley we have done much, but we also limit this planets potential so greatly. As far as we know this planet is the only planet capable of supporting life, yet we are destroying it. Destroying it with our intelligence, that we tend to use so foolishly. We seam to want to resist everything, we need a war, we need to fight, otherwise we see our existence as useless. So we fight, we fight everything worth fighting for, some not. Whether its eachother, somthing else. Some we win with ease, some we lose, some we are still fighting, Even if we have no chance at winning. None of us are exempt from this, I myself find me to be fighting. I fight people around me, I fight the people around me, I fight the exhaust I feel everyday, I fight the want to sleep, I fight the spyware thats on my computer. I fight myself, I win for the most part, but there is one war that I cannot win, Iam frustrated by this. I know there is no way I can beat, or even fight this enemy. Yet I try, the war is my personal war against time. Time is my enemy, It never works for me. Is always against me. Ticking away as I fight it. I resist sleep to take advantage of it, I resist my body's, my own species natural programming to fight a war that I cannot win. I fight the facts that I know are true, but are they true, would I be fighting them if they were. Humans: A mammal that inhabits earth, True? No, we are a virus. We keep destroying everything, with this intellect we do not deserve. We join together, to overthrow and destroy. We are in fact the weapons of mass destruction. We do everything in our destructive ability to stop what we know will happen. Our instincts are sinister denial, hate, a want for revenge. Yet we love and nourish, but destroy, kill and torture. While our instincts are indeed evil, they are warm. A mother, her instinct is to love her child. She has no choice she is bound to her child. She will die for her child. She feeds, protects and comforts the child.






6 Comments:

Blogger vevck said...

Yeah i too feel the same, humans are the potentially dangered species on this planet as of now. As u have mentioned we need to utilise our energies for the growth rather than destruction.

You have introspected a lot of these thoughts over a period of time before blogging, if i am not wrong.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Static Compost said...

Why Spartan? why is our analysis of the human psyche simply dismissed as "treehugging"?

6:53 PM  
Blogger Static Compost said...

the knife will win you silence, not peace.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding"

-Albert Einstein

Spartan this is not meant to be confrontational but for the sake of my friends around the globe I must say you are a perfect example of American Ignorance.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Static Compost said...

A better country? you think they are a better country now? Iraq is in the worst condition it has ever been in! Don't get me wrong I think that Saddam was a horrible leader however If the Iraqi people really wanted a revolution they should have started one. It is not up to the US, my tax dollars or anyone enlisted in the US armed forces to give them one. If a revolution for the Iraqi people means getting over their millenium long tribal and cultural differences than so be it. It has always been this way, and will always be this way.

If all of central and south America was able to do it against Spain, than one country can do it against their own dicatorship. For the first time in over 1,000 years Kurds, Shiites and other parties are joining forces to combat the coalition. Saddam may have been a horrible and oppressive leader,but it is up to the people to change that, not the US.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Static Compost said...

Spartan it is the way of all things leaders are oppressive and the people overthrow them. How many times has this happened throughout history without the US taking the Intiative?! Once again the fear induced by your president and the American media has( in your own mind) linked Iraq to the 9/11 attacks. Rumsfeld himself admitted that Iraq had no connection to 9/11 and stood no threat to the UK, Israel or the US. It is up to the people to start a revolution not some other country. You really think the US went into Iraq because they gave two shits about people getting tortured? They didn't care about them, they wante the oil. Perhaps thats why the first "targets" they seized were oil reserves, oil refineries etc.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Rags said...

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure."
-- Agent smith

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home