Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Review of the Hewlett Packard M407 digital camera

Over the holidays I recieved from my family a Hewlett Packard M407. At first I was thrilled, 4.11 Megapixels, it was small and sleek. But the past few dyas of using it have proved my intial assumptions wrong. It works two AA batteries, rechargable or not. So I charge up the batteries and take a few pictures, view them in LCD screen, check out the settings. A good three or four minutes goes by and suddenly "batteries depleted" appears on the LCD screen. At first I said to myself they musn't be holding the charge, to bad: i'll use regular AA. So I pop them in and continue what I was doing and before I knew it the ominous "batteries depleted" again appeaed on the LCD. At first I said there must be somthign wrong with the camera, so I went to the computer and googled "HP M407" I read a few reviews and they say the same thing, the batteries don't last more than a good 5 minutes, and if your using the flash, with luck you can get a 1-3 pictures taken. Very disapointing, now Iam left with two decisions: return the camera and appear to be shallow to those who gave it to me, Or just live with it. But what is right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Neets said...

your parents bought you this gift ,right? then whats the worry? just ask them for the dealers details 'as you are facing a few operational porblems with it'.... that way you'll bring in value to their money,effort and good-will - wont you?

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home